Feb 28, 2014

Five for Friday - 2/28/14

It feels good to be back! 
(I've taken a few months off from blogging.)
Here's this week's Five for Friday...
I'm moving!  As in...
TONIGHT! :D 
Yup-my family has packed up and is moving 
to a new town,
and we officially switch houses after school today. 

We will be renting a house (a much, much smaller one) until our home sells and then will look 
into purchasing or building a new one.

The best things about our new "borrowed" house...

-a FENCE! 
Oh, how I've always wanted a fence. 
Especially with four littles running around. 
It will be nice to have a fence that can do the job 
of containing them in the yard for me.

-also a LAUNDRY ROOM!
For the past seven years, my washer and dryer have been right smack in the 
middle of our main hallway. Quite an annoyance when laundry starts overflowing!
It will also be a perfect out-of-the-way time out/reflection area for my children to go. 
I recently saw a time-out bench...hmmm, I may need to look into getting one to go in that room.

The worst thing about our new "borrowed" house...

These mirrors in the kids room
Surely there must be something I can purchase that 
goes over the mirror to help protect it from shattering 
when it (and it will!) cracks?!

 My class made Tooth Fairies this week as we learned and talked about dental health.

I found the template to make these adorable friends FREE on TPT.
There were a ton of other free resources on there to also go along with this theme. 

My students look forward to losing a tooth during the school day because we pump it up when they do!

As soon as that little guy comes out, they get a tooth keepsake necklace to wear. 
Along with a sticker proclaiming their recently lost tooth and a tooth shaped eraser.
That night, they get take home a special book to read with their parents. 
Moose's Loose Tooth by Jacqueline A Clark

 I had my blog re-designed this week. 
BIG thanks to Hey Hey Designs and 
A Bird in Hand Designs
for all the wonderful changes you 
now see on my blog.
 Click here.  
Click here.
Hey Hey Designs custom made my adorable clipart. 
Did you notice that the girl's floor scraps on my new header spell out my name?
And she made me some cute pedicured feet too! 
LOVE IT! 

They are both so very talented and absolutely wonderful to work with. 
I'm in love with the new look and 
lucky to have found them!

I just booked a flight and hotel in Vegas for the first ever TPT conference in July. 

The pictures of Treasure Island are taunting me
as we continue to endure through this awful winter here in Illinois. 

 

I'm looking forward to meeting some of the faces 
that belong to the stores that I stalk so regularly.

I'm also looking for some time away from the kids...
Woot! Woot! 

I'll be the lady walking around looking crazed,
who doesn't know what to do with herself! Ha!

One of my favorite Starbucks drinks is 
the sweetened black tea lemonade.
Here's a recipe I found from allrecipes.com 
to make your own-

Ingredients:
5 cups of water
1/2 cup white sugar
3 orange pekoe tea bags
1 12 oz. can of lemonade concentrate

To make:
Bring 5 cups of water, along with the sugar, 
to a boil in a saucepan,
then remove from the heat and add the tea bags.
Allow the tea to steep while you mix 
the lemonade concentrate
and remaining water in a large pitcher. 
Pour the tea mixture into the lemonade, 
discarding tea bags.
Stir and refrigerate until cold before serving.

Enjoy!

Now, I'm off to make some for ME...
~Til next time
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I'll be at the I Teach K conference, too. You have to go to the Blogger's Get Together! I hope to meet you! Vegas in July is an experience. Last year it was 90 degrees at 6am, 117 degrees during the middle of the day. You never need to step outside, though!
    Nothing worse than moving. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog!!! The custom clip art is amazing!!
    All the best with your moving!

    ReplyDelete